After gathering all of the letters, CPT codes, names and information I would need I called my insurance company to see why we needed to resubmit information they already have for them to "consider" the charges. The person I spoke to told me that they needed all of this in order to determine if the testing was necessary. When I explained that they had already received all of the information from Phoebe's two doctors, and told DOBI they would cover a portion of the charge, and that we had an MD to MD peer review that stated they would cover a portion of the charges the gentleman just said the letter was mailed out on July 15, so we had 45 days to get that information to them.
I decided to call the RN at DOBI who had been working on our case to see what this was all about. I explained how I just received a letter from her saying how the team who worked on Phoebe's case believe that it had been resolved favorably. She told me to resubmit all the information they were asking for, to include all the recent visits and surgical information and to patiently wait to see what their response would be. She said since they had received confirmation of them covering some charges that it would be best to wait to see what insurance would do now, and if they decline all of the charges to call her back so she could take care of it.
With that I called the oncologists office and spoke to the amazing woman, Patty, who has been handling all of this up there and told her what to expect. I told her that I had copies of everything from other doctors if she needed them to send, and that all we could do is give insurance what they are asking for (even though they already have it) and wait to see what insurance does next.
Photo: Cuddles after bath time, Phoebe gets really cold quickly